What privacy challenges are AdTech companies facing?
- Safari’s Intelligent Tracking Prevention (ITP) blocks third-party cookies by default and puts restricts on how long first-party cookies and local storage data can be stored in a user’s browser.
- Firefox’s Enhanced Tracking Protection blocks cross-site tracking cookies (AdTech third-party cookies) by default and can block device fingerprints by changing the privacy settings.
- GDPR requires publishers, advertisers, and AdTech platforms to obtain explicit and voluntary consent from users to collect their data.
- EU Data protection authorities (DPAs) have already investigated AdTech companies regarding their non-compliance with the GDPR. The UK’s ICO has said that the way user data is collected via RTB is not compliant with the GDPR.
- The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) gives residents and citizens of California the right to say no to the sale of their data.
Our experience in building AdTech and MarTech platforms
- We’ve been designing and building advertising technology since 2009.
- We founded Piwik PRO – an analytics suite that complies with the GDPR, HIPPA, CCPA, and other privacy laws.
- We’ve launched our own AdTech startup – Kanary NEST (a demand-side platform), which was later acquired by Gravity4.
- Our in-house teams spend over 12,000 hours each month designing and building AdTech & MarTech platforms for our clients.
- We built 7suite (now part of Piwik PRO) — a MarTech stack consisting of a tag manager, data management platform (DMP), and an ad personalization & remarketing platform.
- We’ve developed over 200 successful projects for clients of all sizes.
How can we help you?
Build privacy-compliant AdTech platforms
Our AdTech development teams can partner with you to design and build new AdTech platforms that comply with privacy laws, including demand-side platforms (DSPs), supply-side platforms (SSPs), and many others.
Clearcode’s knowledge of the complex inner workings of AdTech & MarTech is second to none.Stéphan Montigaud
Deputy CEO, Head of Operations at Mediapost Communication
I was extremely impressed with Clearcode’s ability to work in unison with us, it really felt like they were part of our team. Our cooperation was seamless.Steve White
CEO at Clarivoy
Make your existing AdTech platforms privacy compliant
We can help you make your existing AdTech platforms privacy compliant by integrating them with consent management platforms, adding contextual-targeting functionality, and ensuring they comply with privacy laws.
Use first-party data for ad targeting
Our development teams can help you adapt your AdTech platforms to use first-party data for ad targeting in a privacy-compliant way.
We’re a full-service software development company that specializes in AdTech and MarTech.
Tech companies partner with us because of our domain knowledge of advertising and marketing technology and our 10+ years of experience.
We chose Clearcode as a partner because of their expertise in developing AdTech solutions.Luke Tuttle
VP International Product at Klarna